• Educated clients on strategic brand design and advertising that sticks in consumers' minds and guided them in developing a vision for their product
• Designed and executed visual and audio brand identities
• Developed websites from scratch, without templates, including custom animations
• Advised clients on advertising content and channel strategy
• Created written communications for print and web to sell client services
• Conducted brand audits that measured the efficacy of brand design (for more on this approach, see the following article on Distinctive Brand Assets)
• Conducted comprehensive competitor analyses to ensure clients' brands stood out in their industry and intended audience
• Designed memorable and distinct brand names and tag-lines
• Led content creation and digital communications for all communications channels: social media, website, online learning management systems, print and digital marketing, and promotional materials. Income increased to over $7.5 million, more than 37% growth in 3 years
• Oversaw a graphic design team overhauling Evangelization Training Camp website
• Managed the organization's social media accounts and executed paid social media advertising using Facebook Ads Manager
• Filmed and edited inspiring, practical, and digestible instructional videos for the Reach More™ online learning system
• Collaborated with President and Development Director to create visually compelling marketing and fundraising media, including annual reports, testimonial videos (over 40 per year), animated promotional videos, social media advertising campaigns, and marketing emails
• Worked with our publisher to update book jacket designs to meet brand standards
• Led media efforts for our events, including the design and execution of promotional videos, event banners, and conference programs
• Designed a strategic brand identity for Nextstep, an online and print discipleship formation tool
• Guided design and production of all marketing and training materials to ensure they met brand standards
• Personally fundraised $40,000 each year
• Cast a strategic vision for discipleship formation and outreach with senior campus ministry staff and assisted in implementing this plan for ministry growth
• Identified potential student leaders, inspired them with a vision for evangelization and kingdom living, mentored them in prayer and outreach, and trained them to identify and mentor more student leaders
• Supported senior campus ministry staff weekly in executing strategic plan
• Developed steps to independence once campus leaders could successfully sustain the mission of identifying, forming, and training student leaders
• Fundraised $35,000 each year
• Mentored college students in prayer and evangelization at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and at colleges and universities across the country
• Apprenticed with senior ministry consultants, learning how to help ministries set a vision for the future and execute it through ongoing support
• Evangelized student neighbors while living in an intentional community with other disciples on Mifflin Street in Madison, WI
• Fundraised $20,000 each year
Austin took a basic "Nextstep" name and defined it as a brand to appeal to our ideal constituency. His strategies were thoroughly developed and expertly reasoned.
Our Executive Team was impressed and excited by the flesh he put on the bones of the name. At the same time, and equally impressive, was his ability to receive feedback on the concept from our team and tweak it to even better reflect the fullness of our hopes for the brand.
- Jason Simon, President
The Evangelical Catholic
Having a background in analytics & commercial banking I have supported and advised a lot of companies. I have always had a skeptical eye when it came to branding.
Austin helped us go a lot deeper into our own exploration of who our true ideal client was and how building a brand can multiply whatever marketing or sales efforts we were already putting resources towards.
Despite already having millions in revenue, we have a cohesive strategy in how we communicate with our clients for the first time in 13+ years!
And sure...we got a great logo out of it too!
Craig Clickner - Co-Founder
I hired Austin to design a simple brand and website for a business I've been dreaming up for years.
He went above and beyond, thinking about how to grow my brand long-term. I tend to lean feminine and narrow my focus with Before Bethlehem to Catholics, but Austin helped me to think about how the brand could relate to fathers as well, and parents of all Christian denominations.
Importantly, he also designed a brand that easily stands out visually among a sea of birth and parenting resources all over social media these days.
I finally feel like my dream is becoming a reality!
Christina Gebel - Founder